How to Play
There are no winners in YAP. The first person to receive 21 Shame points loses!
After acquiring a deck, grab up to three friends or foes. You'll also need:
• A coin
• Pen/paper for score
• Small paper for each player
Before dealing, all players write one topic that the loser must apologize for. Examples of topics are below:
• Don't share your topic.
• Fold paper and place it aside until end of game.
Next, deal all players 8 cards.
On your turn, bring out any cards that you can afford.
There are 5 types of cards:
Think of them as money
Set them for protection
Boost your Characters
Resources are the green cards (like money).
Spend them to bring other cards into play.
The Resource cost of each card is listed on its top corner:
Lacking Resources? This symbol may help:
Cards with this symbol can be played as any Resource you wish. HOWEVER this is a sacrifice that will cast you one Shame.
These are your main cards.When brought into play, place them in a row of protection in front of you. Characters attack and defend for you.
Use multiple cards on one turn, but cannot attack with the same card twice.
Attack numbers rollover:4 Attack (Player A)
- 1 Defense (Player B)
3 hits (Player B) as Shame points!
Characters can directly attack opponents if they don’t have cards in play to protect them.In this case, they receive the attack number in Shame points.
Set them to protect yourself and your Characters.
Pump up your Character's attack and defense numbers.
Buffs are placed under the Character they're boosting:
Use them to disrupt play.
4 More Rules... and Scoring:
1. Cannot attack on very first turn.
2. Read aloud all cards you bring into play (except Traps).
3. Draw two cards at the end of each turn.
4. Cast one Shame for each mistake opponents make.
- Player forgot to draw cards at end of turn.
- Player tried to bring card(s) into play using the wrong Resources.
- Player didn't follow the card's directions. For example, opponent didn’t immediately play a Trap card that indicated it must be played immediately..
- Player falsely accuses an opponent of making a mistake.
The first person to receive
21 Shame points loses.
THE LOSER MUST:
Take the blame by making a personal apology that includes all topics players wrote at the beginning of the game (including your own).
Share Your Apology!